‘Tis the season…for Christmas parties, New Year’s celebrations and inaugural events! This is definitely one of my favorite times of the year – family, friends, holiday cheer, food, and my Daddy’s spiked egg nog! It’s also that time of the year when you’ll find me digging in the back of my closet for that perfect dress for the upcoming holiday celebrations. Check out my style files for the upcoming holiday events that I’ll be attending. My motto when it comes to fashion: “CLASSY, SASSY, BUT NEVER TRASHY!”
I had the opportunity to shoot with an amazing up-and-coming photographer, Rhea Reid of Rhea Whitney Photography. She is awesome! The knowledge and dedication she brought to the shoot was incredible! Not only were we able to get some cool shots for my style files, but we were also able to use several shots for her portfolio. She is based in the DC metro area and specializes in a variety of conceptual shoots, family shoots, weddings, etc.. For inquiries and additional information contact email@example.com.
Holiday Style Files
- Bettie Page Leopard Print Dress – If you’re going for a classic, chic look then you can’t go wrong with a Bettie Page dress. For those of you who don’t know, Bettie Page was a 1950’s model who pushed the envelope when it came to women embracing their sexiness. Her pieces have a very vintage and retro look that emphasizes a woman’s curves. My Love purchased this dress at the Bettie Page Boutique in Las Vegas a couple of years back. (He has great taste, doesn’t he?!) I barely wear it, but think it’s very appropriate for holiday parties, etc. Check out the Bettie Page clothing line at www.bettiepageclothing.com.
- Suede Red Pumps – I purchased these 5 1/4 inch pumps from Bakers. Every woman should own a pair of sexy red pumps for several reasons. That.Is.All. (Gotta keep this post G-rated! Lol)
- Blue Slit Front Peplum Dress – So, I just started experimenting with the “peplum” look and I’m pissed I waited so long. Peplum dresses, tops and skirts are the absolute best! It is very figure-flattering and chic! I purchased this dress from www.boohoo.com. This website is loaded with awesome dresses, accessories, shoes, etc. and very affordable. I LOVE THIS SITE!
- Black Peep-Toe Pumps with Blue Accent Stone – I purchased these 5 1/2 inch pumps from Bakers. These are one of my favorite pairs of heels!
- Gold Link Necklace, Earrings and Bracelet – The necklace, bracelet and earrings belonged to my late grandmother. She was such a fashionista and took great pride in her appearance. I see a lot of myself in her and I am honored to don her vintage pieces of jewelry. 🙂
- Hair – I rocked a pinned up flexi-rod set on my natural hair. You can’t go wrong with beautiful curls to compliment your stylish holiday look.
So, what will you be rocking this holiday season?
2 thoughts on “Holiday Season Style Files”
Both dresses are fantastic! Great job. 😉